Medicaid in Utah is a state and federal partnership that provides medical benefits to needy persons. The program is in place to assist individuals and families with medical care that they would otherwise go without. The Medicaid program’s purpose is to improve their health.
Utah Medicaid Info
There are some qualifications a person must meet to be eligible for the state’s Medicaid program:
- You have to be a Utah resident
- You need to be a U.S. national, citizen, a permanent resident or a legal alien needing assistance with your medical care and insurance
- You need to be either low or very low-income
You will also have to meet other criteria to be eligible. You must be one of the following:
- A parent or relative caretaker of a minor child or children under 19
- Visually-impaired or legally blind
- Have a family member disabled or be disabled yourself
- Have attained the age of 65
To apply for the Utah Medicaid program go here.
For more complete and comprehensive information on the entire Medicaid system in Utah visit.