The South Carolina Medicaid program, South Carolina Healthy Choices Medicaid, is jointly funded by the state and the Federal Government. Medicaid pays health care providers for their services given to eligible citizens.
South Carolina Medicaid Info
The eligibility requirements for the program are:
- Meet certain financial and non-financial conditions
- Belong to one of the following groups:
- Be pregnant
- Be blind
- Have been declared permanently and totally disabled
- Be under the age of 19
- Give care to a child or children under 18 as a parent or caretaker relative and be low income
What Will Medicaid Pay For?
Within certain limits the program will pay for all medically necessary services such as:
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Medical devices
- Many other medical services
You can compare health care plans here.
You can apply for Healthy Choices Medicaid in South Carolina by clicking on the link provided.
To learn more about the Healthy Choices program click here.