Medicaid in Oklahoma is a federal and state entitlement program providing medical benefits to low-income individuals with inadequate or no health care benefits. The program guarantees insurance coverage for regular and long-term health care services.
The program is based on income and other resources for qualifying Oklahoma citizens. Coverage is administered through SoonerCare and your benefits under the program are fairly comprehensive. Here you can find a listing of those benefits.
Oklahoma Medicaid Info
The requirements for obtaining benefits in Oklahoma are as follows:
- Must be a resident of the state
- A nationalized U.S. citizen
- Citizen, permanent resident or alien who is legal and has been in the country for five years
- Needs health care assistance or medical insurance
- Be low-income or very low-income
In addition to the above prerequisites you must also be one of the following:
- Caring for a minor child or children under19 as a parent or relative caretaker
- Have a disabled family member
- Be 65 years or older
To apply for Medicaid in Oklahoma go to SoonerCare.
Here is the link for comprehensive Oklahoma Medicaid info.